2.23.2010

The View Gets 'Snookied'



Television networks across the country are jumping on the Reality TV craze. With the multitude of networks featuring these drama filled drunk fests, it is no surprise that MTV, one of the first to start the reality craze, would up the ante and deliver more mindless smut that we all love. Always on top of current events, the ladies of The View sat down with the cast of reality TV show ‘The Jersey Shore’. Just the thought of the ladies laying into those tanned, buffed Guidos was enough to get my attention.

I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I have actually watched an entire episode of the Jersey Shore. I needed to know exactly who I was bashing before I made a comment. Today, it looked like the ladies definitely did their homework. The quick tongued Joy Behar was the first to throw a punch. And the Jersey Shore kids were no match for her whatsoever. It was obvious from her demeanor today, that she was NOT a member of their cheerleading squad. I could not think of a better panel of women to interview these kids. Joy and Whoopi laid into them with their questions like, “Do you wear condoms”, or “What’s your plan once this is all over?”, and “Please tell me you are least saving some of your money”. While Elisabeth and Sherri were decked out in their Jersey Shore attire with Sherri sporting “a Snookie” and Elisabeth sporting an “Everyone Loves The Situation” t-shirt.

We also learned that little miss ‘Back flips in the club’, aka Snookie was not in fact a true Italian even though she loves tanned, ‘Juiced’ guys. I can imagine that with all of the backlash coming from the Italian American population that this was just one more stone to throw at little Snookie. The ladies on the panel touched upon the controversy in their Hot Topics, even citing similar “Bad Girls” like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton, who have been on the receiving end of criticism for their involvement in sex tapes, late night partying, and heavy drinking. I commend the producers at The View for always including a variety of topics. While a show like Jersey Shore is geared towards a younger crowd, in my opinion it’s imperative that adults stay abreast of topics such as these. How else will we educate our youth? I commend the ladies of The View for stepping out of the box, and taking on a controversial subject of sex, drinking, and partying in our “moral-less” society.

What are your thoughts? How do you feel about the topic?

Later in the week, the ladies of The View will interview “Octomom” Nadyah Suleman…Stay tuned

Disclaimer: “I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.”

No comments: