12.09.2008

The first time always hurts just a little...

I wanted my first entry on my new blog to be something extremely fantastic. I wanted it to blow everyone’s minds, and send them running in a frenzy wishing they could read more. But as it turns out, my blog is just a blog. Not anything fantastic or mind-blowing. Not anything that will change anyone’s life. Simply a release of energy in 12 pt. type. No biggie.

I realized that I was making such a big deal out of it before I even began. I started and stopped so many times that I could not even keep count. I wrote rough drafts of blog entries I thought would be a good starting point, then erased them or spent countless hours editing. But that is not me at all. I like to deliver from the heart. Once I start to become completely obsessed about editing and delivering, I have lost a little bit of my “super-powers”.

Writing is different for everyone. Some do it strictly for the dough; others do it because it makes them feel good; and some do it because they think its “trendy”. You don’t know how many people I have seen who have called themselves Writers and Poets because they felt the need to prove to the world how “Intellectual” they are (ha!). You don’t get into something in an effort to perpetrate the fraud and take on something that will increase your popularity or stroke your precious ego. That is strictly an insult to people who truly love the art form. I have always loved to write. Now whether it was good or not is yet to be determined. But nonetheless, I stuck with it anyway in hopes in seeing personal growth. All the while, I had a strong sense of respect for those who were accomplished, accredited writers. I tried to soak up every little bit of knowledge and advice I could get from them. I never had the desire to write because I wanted to be “trendy” or be praised. I am just a girl with something to say. And I hope someone will listen-maybe even take something away from all of this.

I have no set format for my blogging. There are some days when I feel like being serious, and others when I just feel downright silly. Other days, I just need something constructive to do. I won’t promise my readers (if I have any) to find some life-altering changes or keys to success. I never know how I will feel from one day to the next. That’s the beauty of writing from the heart. I simply want to share. And right now, I am writing faster than I can post-which is GREAT! I can’t say that I won’t ever obsess about the contents of my blog, or whether or not people are reading it. I can’t even promise that everything I write will be any good. But I will promise that I will remain true to myself and continue to cultivate my craft.

2 comments:

Kia Taylor said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! I love it!! It's amzaing how easy the words start to flow...you'll find yourself running to the computer to get out something that just popped into your head...

Good Luck!!

Love Ya!!

Jayne Neverow said...

Bravo! I'm so glad you started. I feel you 210% on this first post. A true writer does so from the heart, and that is exactly the type of writing I indulge in reading.

Happy Writing!