9.11.2009

The recessionista strikes again!

I have always been a frugal shopper. Still to this day, I remember my first major purchase when I was 6 years old. My neighbors down the street were notorious for their famous yard sales. Never one to miss an opportunity for saving, I borrowed $1 from my Mom and came back home with a shiny new four wheeler in the shape of a motor boat. I rode that thing until the wheels fell off. I definitely got my $1 worth!

Now that I am older, I no longer search for items to add to my toy collection. These days it is all about frugal shopping techniques for my family. In the past year, I have focused more on frugal finds for my husband and son. One of my favorite places to find good key pieces is the Gap. I love the look on my son's face when we pull a great outfit together for him. Lucky for me, stores like Gap and Old Navy have great key pieces that you can use to pull any outfit together. What's even better is that I can go to these stores and get things for the entire family. Its a woman's dream come true!

This past summer ,my family had a photo shoot at the beach. Because our summer was SOOOO hectic, I completely forgot about our scheduled shoot, and before I knew it, I had only one day to pull together outfits for the whole family. After tossing and turning all night, and stressing about what we were going to wear, I got up the next morning and headed straight to the Gap. I found complete outfits for the whole family in just one stop! The clothes fit great, and we all looked FAB. Furthermore,all of the pieces I purchased were on sale! Talk about a life saver!



Our next family photo shoot will be for our family Christmas cards. This time I know exactly where to go to make us look our best. I can even pick up something for my pretty little Pooch, Georgie Patton! To take advantage of great savings for your family, go to the Gap outlet and go to Twitter Moms to join in on the contest and discussion

2 comments:

Pink Haired Momma said...

and man your family pics came out great! Great one stop frugal shopping! Cant wait to see your christmas pics!

Kim said...

Great picture! I love your outfits. Great place to get them too.