12.02.2009

The Writer's place

I’m stuck in this place. Its called Writer’s Block. I never really liked it here, and I don’t think I’ll like it now. They haven’t changed the curtains, nor the furniture since the last time I was here. And what’s even worse is that their customer service sucks!

The last time I was here, I had a really bad experience. This girl (we’ll call her ‘Eve’) was sitting practically on top of me, and she was whining and complaining the entire time! She kept on going on and on about how she wanted to be this big time writer, and how she always got all these “great ideas” at the worst times. She said she would get inspirational ideas about stuff in the wee hours of the night, or while she was driving in heavy traffic, and never got a chance to write out her thoughts. Then all of a sudden, she burst into tears, and screamed out “I’ll never become the writer I want to be!! This is SO HARD!!”. I couldn’t help but think to myself, “This chick is Looney Tunes. She is never gonna make it as a successful writer”. My Mom, on the other hand thought she deserved a break. She convinced me that maybe she was just having a bad day, and didn’t really mean all the horrible things she said. I guess she did have a point. We all have our good days and bad days. She still got on my last nerve with her pessimistic views and all her complaining. But she did have hot HOT shoes though! That should definitely count for something.

So anyway, I’m here again. Not really sure how I got here. Perhaps the GPS in the Rover went beserk. I can’t imagine myself plugging this address into the GPS. Funny thing is, a lot of my other friends have been here before too. I’ve heard mixed reviews from different people, but none of them have ever said that they would return willingly. What freaks me out even more is that a really good friend of mine was telling me that she somehow kept coming back over and over and over again. So does that mean that I am doomed to revisit this place periodically against my own will? That is so unfair! Aw man, I’m starting to sound like Eve. Here we go again….

2 comments:

trendfoxx said...

Hi Doll! I haven't written in years, but the desire to be creative is slowly returning. You know, a random story popping in my head while I'm cooking, a great line of poetry while I'm getting ready for bed...I've been reading, of all people, Flannery O'Connor and I have to say, that I've been kicked in the butt. My writer's block stems from my fear of saying what I really have to say. And O'Connor is fearless. It's not the ideas that I toy around with in my head, but the ideas that I don't entertain because I fear that they won't draw an audience. It could even be that I'd feel be exposed. The private things that go on in our heads can be pretty dark sometimes, but what can we teach ourselves and others if we really really just go there? Just a little bit of what's floating around in my head after reading your blog. Maybe it'll help. HUGS!!

@Dayngr said...

Did you see you won on eMailOurMilitary? http://emailourmilitary.blogspot.com/2009/11/sweet-grabs-giveaway-winners.html

Come on over! We need your info to send your prize.