8.17.2010

Fit for life: 5 Lessons every kid should know


Becoming a parent is never as easy as it looks on TV. Every mainstream TV sitcom always shows the image of the perfect family living a picture perfect life. But in reality there are tons of questions, issues, and concerns that all parents have to deal with. The good thing is, if you teach your kids at an early age the essential rules for life, you can enjoy a headache free retirement.

Five lessons every kid show know:

1-Always treat your friends and family with respect-Showing appreciation for friends and family can bring you a lifetime of good fortune. Establishing good relationships early on will guarantee that kids have a supportive family network later on in life.

2-The 4 food groups ARE important-I learned this the hard way. Because I was so adamant about not drinking milk as a kid, I find myself a little less healthy than some of my peers. A healthy person has a better chance at being a successful person.

3-Stand up for yourself-"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything". Teach your kids early on about keeping their sense of morality in any situation.

4-When in doubt, believe in Faith-Some of life's greatest blessings are given when we are doubtful about everything around us. Many of life's greatest momenta are achieved because we had the Faith to go out on a limb.

5-Learn how to do fractions-I hated fractions, just like a lot of people. For the life of me I could not see why I needed to fractions to become a lawyer, a dancer, or a writer. But take my word for it, I guarantee you they will come up later on in life!


“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Nanny McPhee Returns blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (make sure to link to: http://nannymcphee.twittermoms.com/about)

No comments: